CSR, Inc. seeks an experienced and motivated Senior Level Biologist / Department Manager who will have the responsibilities of providing day-to-day project management and technical direction to a variety of restoration and monitoring projects throughout the Intermountain West.
The ideal individual would have 4+ years experience working as a project manager overseeing monitoring and restoration projects. This would include providing project management and technical guidance in the design, writing, and development of restoration plans, as well as, overseeing research, data collection, field surveys, habitat assessments reports, budgets, schedules and scopes of work, training and client relations. Candidates must have a strong biological skill set with the abilities to oversee and participate in field studies, staff coordination and resource management. Applicant must have previous experience working with regulatory agencies, familiarity with NEPA compliance and regulations, experience with GIS/GPS and geospatial analysis, and the capacity to perform biological and habitat assessments, and vegetation surveys. A strong understanding of the flora of the sagebrush steppe is desired.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biology, restoration ecology, rangeland ecology, or related field. Applicants possessing a B.S. complemented with appropriate experience will also be considered.
- A working knowledge of the flora, fauna and general ecology of the Intermountain West
- Field experience with plant identification, monitoring protocols, data gathering, and data analysis
- Experience managing large datasets, and working with relational databases
- Ability to perform tasks requiring physical exertion, under adverse weather conditions, and on difficult terrain
- Experience providing positive leadership
- Ability to recruit, hire and retain well-qualified employees, provide informal feedback, coaching and formal evaluations, institute performance plans, and lay off or fire employees when necessary
- Ability to work safely, follow safety protocols, and ensure the safety of others
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with diverse groups including landowners, the general public, and other CSR, Inc. staff
- Willingness to travel
- Sincere commitment to wildlife conservation, native habitats, habitat restoration, and the goals of CSR, Inc.
Location: Kimberly, Idaho
Closing Date: Closes when filled.
Start Date: The preferred start date is February 15, 2010.
Wages: Subject to experience and education * this is a salary position with a competitive benefits package.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest that highlights your qualifications, and ability to perform the summarized duties listed above, a resume, and three references for review via electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info or questions call (208) 423-4835.
A writing sample will be requested of qualified applicants. CSR, Inc. reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. It will be to the applicant’s advantage to submit materials promptly in order to be considered for this position.
Filed under: Biology, The Office | Leave a Comment »